View from the deck on a glorious morning in early June.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The heart of summer


It is one of my favorite weeks of the year. Those last days of July. Such a wonderful month, and it seems to go on forever. It has been summer for a while now, and it feels as if it will be summer forever.
I am much too busy with gardening, harvesting, the summer child (almost a teen now) the market and extra Reflexology to do much in the bloggosphere.
Just a quick wave from the Heart of Summer. Sitting on the steps after 11 PM, in the warm breeze, watching the gibbous Moon play peekaboo with the mountain, eating chocolate ice cream.
Heaven. I hate having to sacrifice any precious summer hours to sleep.

The picture shows the big sunny flower border at a rare moment of perfection. The yellow loosestrife and the foxglove were both blooming and it was glorious.
I used the wrong setting, that's why it is blurry. It still gives an idea of the view from the steps.
And here is another fuzzy picture of the roses in the small bed by the steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome guest! Commenting is free, not moderated, and I got rid of the captcha. If you were here, give me a wave.