View from the deck on a glorious morning in early June.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

This means WAR!

In spite of having an early start this year and not going anywhere I still managed to wrest Late out of the jaws of Early.  Never mind the details of why and how.
But I have gorgeous snow peas blooming, and we have been eating lettuce and Chinese cabbage that was in the same bed.
This morning I noticed several wilted tips among the lush foliage. Guess what: the vine has been snipped off just above ground level.
What does this? The immediate suspect is Voles. Just when you have a deer fence and start thinking you can enjoy the fruit of your hard work another life form demands a share.
I'd be willing to negotiate but it never works like that.
So this means WAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome guest! Commenting is free, not moderated, and I got rid of the captcha. If you were here, give me a wave.