View from the deck on a glorious morning in early June.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chicken progress

The Universe appears to be all in favor of me getting a laying flock again. Today I cleaned out the coop and managed to fix the old nesting boxes. All is ready for the 4 middle-aged hens I am getting from an acquaintance for starters.

Called the friend who was planning to order chicks, so we could order together, and it turns out she has an incubator and is setting eggs as a hobby. I have dibs on 10 healthy
Araucana mixes that hatched yesterday, and best of all: I won't have to fuss with babies! Hallelujah!

And to top it off, the neighbor with the problem dogs offered to electrify the fence in order to prevent problems. Do I have a good neighborhood or what?

Got a bunch of bedding plants started for Farmers Market, only 2 more weeks, yikes...Worked outside till 8, didn't even check FaceBook or email all day. Still behind but loving every minute of the May frenzy. Yawn. I think my hair is dry and I can go to bed now. Enjoy the spring everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome guest! Commenting is free, not moderated, and I got rid of the captcha. If you were here, give me a wave.